Night Session Confirmed Lifters
1. Richard Hawthorne (611@123) 536.64
2. Orlando Orlando Green (870@231) 473.37
3. Ryan Snelling (639@146) 471.90
4. Thomas Eiseman (755@180) 470.97
5. Vince Urbank (906@297) 461.52
6. Alex Bakhirev (667@166) 441.82
7. Luke Edwards(810@240) 435.70
8. Carlos Rijos (700@181) 435.00
9. David Hansen (881@330) 434.5
10. Rich Sadiv (661@177) 417.29
11. John Bostick (744@218) 414.2
12. Jon Rock (705@198) 413.20
13. Charlie Driscoll (766@242) 411.11
14. Darren Dorn (700@198) 410.27
15. Michael Eaton (760@242) 407.89
16. Willis McCoy (540@145) 401.33
17. Robert Dale (755@273) 394.64
18. Casey Williams (700@218) 389.76
19. Nick Leadbetter (700@237) 377.86
20. Mike McCoy (700@242) 375.69
21. Larry Tentinger (575@ 180) 358.69
David Hansen (881@330) 434.51
Morning Session Lifters:
1. Greg Kiser (640@155) 448.26
2. Nick Peterson (670@220) 371.52
3. Chase Pernell (424@129) 353.74
4. Zack Seymour (275@90) 352.08
5. Jamie Espalin (475@148) 346.47
6. Sinjin Howerton (630@240) 338.88
7. Zack Blanton (500@162) 337.65
8. Luke Hill (612@243) 328.15
9. Wayne Stover (525@181) 326.24
10. John Shackelford (715@242)
11. Robert Geyer
12. John Drummond (740@308)
13. Siva Avvaru
14. Mark Steel
Night Session Confirmed Lifters
1. Linda Okoro (502@146) 397.48
2. Debbie Damminga (501@148) 392.13
3. Jessica Scofield (530@165) 383.119
4. Hannah "the Minx" Johnson (458@147) 360.31
5. Rhonda Clark (450@165) 325.35
* Elisa Bird * (automatic qualifier)
* Alison McWeeney * (automatic qualifier)
Morning Session Lifters:
1. Lodrina Cherne (300@111) 283.63
2. Cerri Bradley (271@117) 258. 43
3. Hannah Oliver
Saturday, April 14, 2012
As many of you know, the NOTLD exploded in 2010 with the addition of TV. 2011 was even crazier with the addition of UNation and the UPC championship belt for deadlift awarded at the NOTLD. This year things are going through the roof! Again we have signed on to be part of the Xtreme Power TV Ultimate Powerlifting Series that will now be televised in 100 million homes on MAVTV and TUFFTV (up from 40 million on FSN). There will be a weekly show on these networks with XPTV airing the same time every week very soon. We are also being expanded from 1 thirty minute show to 2 thirty minute shows this year. What we do know right now is that the NOTLD will be the only deadlift show aired on national TV.
XPTV will again have a series for the full meet powerlifting belt, but the greatest deadlifter will be crowned exclusively based on performances at the NOTLD. We will be awarding the championship belt that cost thousands to the winner. I will again begin to work the sponsors hard and I will announce at a later date about the prize money. Many of the greatest pullers in the world are planning on coming, including all of the big winners from last year: Hawthorne Urbank, Bolton, Jenny O’Neil, Eiseman, etc.).
1) With all of these new happenings, we will have to change our format a bit. First, we will have an open period for people to tell me of their desire to lift at the meet. Second, rankings will be released that invited the top 25 lifters (20 male and 5 female). Third, a time period where the top 25 ranked lifters must confirm their spot with payment, Then another period where alternates will fill the spots of any top 25 lifter that has decided not to lift. Then the final lineup will be announced. It worked perfectly last year. You can imagine there are other reasons like sponsors, TV, etc that we must know who is coming in advance.
2) Qualifying lifts will be accepted from all sanctions and it does not matter where, but it just needs to have happened. All legitimate competitions are accepted, and we do not play politics to find our lifters. We just take the best and put them on 1 platform.
3) Each entrant will have to pre-register by the given deadlines. This meet will be full, and I do not play favorites. I hope that all lifters understand that this meet is now so huge we have been tasked with finding the greatest pound for pound deadlifter regardless of weight, age, or federation and it causes a logistical nightmare now that TV, major sponsors, media, international lifters, etc. have been added to the mix.
4) Last year we introduced the morning flight and it was a huge success. We are prepared to take even more lifters this year for the morning flight. The price will be $60. We may take as many as 30 lifters (2 flights of 15) if needed. We will again provide an automatic qualifying spot for the night flight the following year to the best male and female lifter.
4) The price will be $75. Every lifter will get a free t-shirt, the winning lifter will be crowned the Ultimate Deadlifter by Xtreme Power TV, and receive a $3,000 championship belt and prize money. The meet will also be nationally televised with tons of media coverage through live web streaming, and magazine coverage, websites, etc.
5) Again our focus will be on finding and crowning the unified deadlift champion by Schwartz formula this year. It may be possible due to increased sponsorship to have prizes (either cash or in kind) to lifters outside of the champion, but that will be decided as sponsorship comes in and announced as soon as possible.
6) The date for the meet is going to be October 13th, 2012 in Elizabethton, TN.
7) An entry form will be distributed at a later date and will be announced through personal emails, mail if requested, Powerlifting USA, and internet powerlifting forums such as Powerlifting Watch, and of course on our website www.nightofthelivingdeadlift.blogspot.com.
Here is the tentative deadline:
Now- July 6th: Email me and inform me of your desire to compete
July 9th: The top 25 spots (20 male and 5 female) will be posted with alternates
July 9th-July 20th: Lifters must confirm their spot by sending entry form and payment
July 23rd: Spots available due to a declination of the top 25 will be announced to the
Aug 3rd: Alternates must have confirmed their spots with entry form and payment
Aug 6th: The final roster will be posted and all will have 11 weeks to prepare and train
Do understand that TV, media, sponsors, and unforeseen circumstances may cause slight changes in the process, and I will do all in my power to make these announcements in a timely manner by email or through the website. You need to check the website often to make sure you are keeping up with the updates.
Meet Director NOTLD
Revised: February, 2012